Me As A Writer

I am not a very good writer (most of the time). I don’t write very often. The only thing I have written is a story I posted online. It’s not very good, even though it has been read over 3,000 times. The only reason I wrote that story originally was because I was bored. I wrote probably about 21 chapters of it. I used to update at least 3 or 4  times a week. I haven’t written a chapter in months though. I’ve gotten tons of messages since I stopped writing it ,from readers asking me to update the story but I really don’t even know what to write anymore. In the past I have tried to keep a journal but I usually just write two entries and then never remember to write anything after that. I feel like maybe I’m a good writer when I enjoy the topic that I have to write about. I wrote a little bit in high school. Must basically just the bare minimum.

While reading 10 Ways to Think About Writing and trying to finish this assignment, I read, “It’s no wonder we get writer’s block, hands poised above the keyboard, worried about
all the ways we could go wrong, suddenly wondering if we have new
messages or whether there’s another soda in the fridge.” I relate to that quote a lot. I’ve had writers block for days, I think it’s even possible to get readers block.

Hopefully I can learn how to become a better writer during my time taking this class.